Over the next 36 days, our journalists and photographers in the field will follow the 2022 election campaign in real time by collecting exclusive images and snapshots. Here is a preview of the 14e campaign day in photos and images.
1) Éric Duhaime looks back on our revelations yesterday about his unpaid municipal taxes. “I have the responsibility to make sure that the taxes are paid. I take full responsibility, I am accountable,” he said.
GABRIEL CÔTE / QMI AGENCY
2) Before answering questions about his taxes, Éric Duhaime pledged to convene a Summit on Mental Health and Youth within the first hundred days of his government.
3) Québec solidaire withdrew a leaflet inviting students from the University of Sherbrooke to change their address in order to vote in the two local ridings, where the party has hopes.
PATRICK BELLEROSE / JOURNAL DE QUEBEC / QMI AGENCY
4) The Liberal Party of Quebec promises to pay all the municipal taxes for its buildings in order to improve the revenues of the cities.
5) Even before the production of the promised studies, the leader of the Liberal Party of Quebec affirms that her project for a 3rd link in the tramway version will be carried out at all costs. Dominique Anglade, however, does not intend to quantify the project during the electoral campaign.
6) The CAQ estimates the cost of its new promises at $30 billion by 2026-2027. The financial framework unveiled Saturday morning by François Legault and Eric Girard provides for a deficit, after payment to the Generations Fund (FDG), much larger than what was forecast in the pre-election report.
MARC-ANDRÉ GAGNON / JOURNAL DE QUEBEC / QMI AGENCY
7) An angry citizen tries to arrest François Legault when he leaves the theater where he was revealing his financial framework. She holds him responsible for her grandmother’s death. “She died like a dog!”, she says to the bodyguards before walking away.
8) As soon as the angry citizen moved away, other citizens came to shake hands with the CAQ leader, who came out of his bus. A voter congratulates him for admitting his mistakes on occasion.
9) The Liberal leader strongly criticized the financial framework of the CAQ on Saturday afternoon, arguing that the CAQ will lead Quebec into “austerity”.
10) The leader of the PQ considers the financial framework of the CAQ “irresponsible”
11) Accusing the government of not paying enough attention to issues of domestic violence, the leader of the Parti Québécois promised to create a full-fledged ministry for the status of women, if elected.
12) The curators land in Limoilou.
13) In order to improve air quality in Limoilou, the Conservatives intend to “strongly suggest” to the port authority that nickel transhipment be done in Lévis rather than in Quebec.
Gabriel Côté / QMI Agency
14) Liberal leader Dominique Anglade is in North Hatley for a second day in a row, in the riding of Orford, which became a caquist in 2018.
15) Dominique Anglade is at the Magog Harvest Festival this afternoon.
16) CAQ chef François Legault stops in Sanguinet for a militant dinner. His candidate Christine Fréchette (ex-employee of MTL international) congratulates him for campaigning and making commitments every day, when he could have “take it easy”, according to her.
17) Door-to-door afternoon for Éric Duhaime.
18) The leader of the Parti Québécois stopped in Mont-Laurier in the Laurentians where he joined his candidate in Labelle, Daniel Corbin